The Charter of Demands that the OASA long since strives for, are
actually very basic to the IAS and other All India Services. The Odisha Administrative
Service being not simply the premier provincial Civil Service, but a feeder Cadre also for
the Indian Administrative Service, deserves fulfilment of the following demands –
- Dynamic Assured Career Progression of OAS Officers to ensure time bound Promotion and
Scale of Pay to bring a parity with other provincial civil services.
- Post Specification with adequate infrastructure, considering individual importance and
work burden has to be given due attention as an integral part of the restructuring.
- Factor of Inter-changeability that has been approved by govt. has created administrative
inconvenience, which needs to be done away with. We urge upon the Govt. to reconsider
the matter with rationality.
- The apparent disparity between the Provincial Civil Service Cadres of the other state
vis-à-vis the OAS needs a fresh relook into the matter from the standpoint of Polices
and Decisions. As such creation of 03 no. of posts of Commissioner-cum-Secretary to head
the administrative Departments exclusively for the Officers of our cadre as done in case
of the departments like Law, Culture & Works Departments is the need of the hour.
- Posting of OAS officers as Collectors in 15 Districts.
- For enforcement of theft of Minor Minerals Govt. to take steps to establish a Specific
Institutions with adequate manpower, infrastructure and supportive legislation to make
it more vibrant.